Tuesday 17 April 2012

It begins


A sketch of the Wharves



I began dividing up the land into Zones of noise levels in the hope I could generate a form.



 Moving on from broad sectioning, I decided to find out whether I could generate a form from noise zoning of distinct built forms.



I felt that wasn't entirely successful, so I decided to generate a conceptual floorplan from the actual noise zones. Quiet in the centre, moving out in levels of noise. This happened on multiple levels, for example, the lower noise zones were divided into smaller sections for more intimate zones.

 Levels of Noise dictate size of spaces
Beginning to understand zones as interior and exterior, and joining zones. This is not in anyway necessarily the floor plan for my library, it is simply an experimentation of developing my folie concept into the Library.


Understanding the inividual modules/nodes

No comments:

Post a Comment