Tuesday 24 July 2012

Exemplar One: Jean Nouvel

Luxembourg Concert Hall: Interior Section of Main Auditorium

Lucerne Kultur und Kongresscentrum (Lucerne, Switzerland)

I selected these sections by Jean Nouvel because the colours were immediately striking and caught my eye. I first thought the were simply zoning or to enhance the drawing but they are the actual physical interior colours.

Colour:
What I appreciate about the above sections is the expressive shading and colours. Not only do they provide contrast, but the shading, used in conjunction with the colour, also provide the drawings with a sense of depth. The first image is noticeably darker than the second, but I think this actually beautifully contrasts against and enhances the colours.

Background and Context:
No context, contrasted section against plain background.

Linework:
In parts linework is quite technical (particularly in the 2nd image) and I believe another exemplar might illustrate linework better suited to my project.

Morgan, C. L. (202). Jean Nouvel: the elements of architecture. London: Thames & Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment